The Institute’s of Biology and Plant Biotechnology research fields and topics:
- Breeding and micro-propagation of ornamental plants; chlorophyll fluorescence and environmental stress;
- Crop and grain contamination with fungi; seed treatments; faunistic research in entomology (basically in Coleoptera); species composition of nematodes;
- Racial structure of bee populations; bee over-wintering conditions; bee diseases; nectarity of plants; protection of agricultural plants against pests and diseases; forest protection against pests and diseases; successions of entomocomplexes in forests.
- Agro ecosystem sustainability and ecological intensification;
- Increase of plant genetic potential in coherence with the environment;
- Development of environment and resource conserving and competitive agro technologies;
- Development of safe food and raw materials for innovative industrial production.
Phone: +370 37 75 22 64
Head of institute Prof. Dr. Natalija Burbulis